I like food. I like to cook, and I sometimes incorporate features of ethnic food from places I've lived into my cooking.
I generally make my own lunches and take them to school, and sometimes they become the topic of conversation. So, heck, an easy blog post: this week's lunches...
Monday - I was sooooooo sick! I stayed home. "Lunch" came at about 8pm and consisted of chicken broth and white crackers.
Tuesday - A chunk of corned beef (I cooked a brisket some time back and froze some) and some diced potatoes fried in bacon grease.
Wednesday - A slice of pork roast left over from New Year's Day (frozen, again), with black-eyed peas and fried potatoes. The pork was glazed with an orange sauce that included nutmeg and orange peel. French bread.
Today - A salad. That's rare, but I actually like salad. This one had romaine lettuce, baby spinach, cucumber, black olives, walnuts, a little cauliflower, a little broccoli, diced red bell pepper, a small amount of purple onion, and some bacon in it. Ranch dressing and French bread.
Tomorrow - A pasta dish I froze from leftovers a couple of weeks ago. It has ravioli and tortellini, some shrimp, some oysters, and an alfredo sauce.
That's the week...
The Price of Privacy When It Comes to Dementia
11 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment