Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Guess I'll Twitter

Well, I've heard a lot about it. I figured I'd sign up for Twitter and see what it was like.

First thoughts: it was puzzling. But I suppose most new platform is puzzling...

Twitter is a little like blogging, only you're limited 140 characters. That makes it more like working with instant messaging or texting on a cell phone - neither of which I do.

Connecting with people is easier than just about any social network that I've worked with. I found TwitterPacks on Google. That gave me a few people to follow. I think I'd been on twitter half an hour when the first people signed up to follow me on twitter. I have no clue how they found me...

So far, it's interesting and a little addictive. Probably more to come about Twitter...

No comments: