Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's 2009

Cheryl and I spent NYE at a small party at a friend's house. We arrived there about 7pm and left at 12:30ish. Four other people were there - three of them teachers. Food, a card game (I don't know the name of it), and a small amount of alcohol. I brought a bottle of Pinot Grigio. The host made strawberry daquiries.

We got home about 1pm. It was 2:30 before I went to sleep. So I slept until 9:30 or so. After breakfast I worked outside on the new flower bed. It runs along the edge of the house - about 40 ft by 2.5 feet. I put landscape timbers down a couple of days ago and today I broke the ground, sprinkled it with a broad leaf weed killer, and started the process of filling it with fifty bags of topsoil (40 pounds each). I got about 600 pounds in before the sun went down behind the hill next to our house. That was about 2:30pm. It got much colder so i called it a day. This weekend I'll finish mocing the dirt and put the bulbs in.

I listened to my new iPod while I worked. Some music and a couple of Philosophy podcasts. Frederick Nietzsche's view of art. A discussion of Kants efforts to reconcile rationalism and empiricism. Recent developments in neuroscience and how the impact philosophy.

No comments: