I knew smartphones were great things, but even with my tech background I hadn't really understood before exactly how much a smartphone can do:
- My phone is a better camera than my camera.
- It plays music, and has more memory than the 8-gig iPod I've been carrying.
- It's a video camera (I'd been thinking of getting one of those anyway).
- It's a scientific calculator (trigonometric functions in degrees, radians or gradients, hyperbolic functions, factorials, permutations and combinations, 10 memories - and I'm not even sure what some of that means).
- It's a voice recorder, so I don't have to carry a micro-casette around.
- And it's the biggest flash drive I have.