Monday, November 12, 2007

Getting Up and Going Back...

I like my job. I like teaching. I like the people I work with at the moment - my boss, the other teachers, all of them. I like the kids. Every teacher has had a child or two come through their room that they thought, "life sure would be easier if that kid would move..." But I don't have one of those this year.

After a three day weekend it's still hard to get up in the morning. And it's not even morning yet, but I know I don't want to get up tomorrow

Part of it is sleep cycles. I came home Friday with the intention of watching Numbers at 10pm. At 8pm I laid down on a bed in our guestroom and slept for 11 and a half hours instead. Saturday I took a nap. Sunday I took a nap. Monday I took a nap. And here I am wide awake at 10:30 at night, blogging...

Part of it is health. Cheryl and I have had our first winter colds. I'm back to 85% I guess. Cheryl's closer to 60% healthy.

I used the weekend to write: 10 blog posts on three blogs and three articles for Suite 101. I also used the weekend to cook: a corned beef brisket that I plan to take for lunch, a backlog of bacon for breakfasts this week, some breakfast sausage patties, a meatloaf to freeze.

The clothes are irons, the coffee's made, the lunches for tomorrow are ready, the dog's been out, and no one I care about is playing on Monday Night Football. So I guess I'll go to bed. And then I'll get up in the morning and go to work anyway...

No comments: