Saturday, February 2, 2008

Six Nations Championship (RBS 6 Nations) Rugby

In my younger days I spent four years Down Under, in Australia. And among the many things I saw and did, I learned that rugby can be enjoyable and entertaining - even for an American like me.

On the northern half of globe the premier international tournament for rugby union is the Six Nations Championship (RBS 6 Nations). The six nations in the tournament are England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Wales. The five week series started today. As I write, Ireland has beaten Italy, England and Wales are in progress, and Scotland and France play later today...

The championship series has an excellent website that covers the rugby games, along with a great deal more. They provide a broad list of offerings - including tournament news and results, interactive games, and podcasts for six nations fans. You can see videos - match highlights of the latest games.

The site is published in three langauges: English, French, and Italian.

If you are a rugby fan, you should check their site. the have a great online store. you can browse the online version of thier official magazine. You'll find team stats and player stats dating back to the early 1990's, along with much more. I think you'll be impressed with the offerings.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I was financially compensated for this post...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in MB can I watch the 6 Nations and in particular the Eng v France game on Sat 23rd

Greg_Cruey said...

Wish I knew. But I'm in the US and can only read about it... Greg