Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cheese and Crackers in the Real Virginia

I'm sitting here listening to football and eating cheese and crackers in the real Virginia. I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Obama." there are two signs in my yard: one for Obama and one for Mark Warner's Senate run. Not everyone here is for Obama, but my hope is that he'll carry our county...

The Associated Press carried a story today about McCain's hopes in Virginia.
A top aide to John McCain said Saturday the Republican presidential nominee still has a strong chance of winning the state because of his support in "Real Virginia," the downstate areas far removed in distance and political philosophy from the more liberal northern part of the state.
Daily Kos showed the new US map that the McCain camp is evidently using. (I hope they don't sue me for using it.)



They also had a YouTube video of McCain spokesperson Nancy Pfotenhauer saying stupid things on MSNBC...



We're more "Southern" out here, according to Pfotenhauer. And somehow that's good for McCain? Not sure if that's racist, or what. I don't think she has a particularly profound grasp of the state's geography.

In the meantime, LSU and South Carolina are tide, Texas is putting a whippin' on Missouri, the Hokies are trying to catch up with Boston College, and I need more crackers...

No comments: