Some background is in order...
Barack Obama and Joe Wurzelbacher (his name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher) talked on at an event in Ohio a few days ago. Watch the Youtube video for the conversation.
So, here's what I've seen on Joe today...
- Joe the Plumber: Unregistered Voter, and More...
- McCain’s “Joe the Plumber” Myth Continues to Unravel
- 'Joe the Plumber' Says He Has No Plumbing License
- Say It Isn’t So, Joe! Wurzelbacher Not A Real $250K Plumber?
- Joe the Plumber: Jackass or Ordinary American
- Is “Joe the Plumber’s” story starting to unravel?
- Joe the Plumber- Completely Fake
- Enraged Leftwing Blogosphere Hurls Attacks Against Joe the Plumber
- Who Is "Joe the Plumber"?
- The dirt on Joe The Plumber
- NY Times Blog 'Spotlights' Joe the Plumber with Left-Wing Attacks
Joe owes back taxes in Ohio - about $1,200. Joe used to live in Alaska and has relatives who know Sarah Palin's husband, Todd. Joe is also related to one of the convicted felons from the Keating five savings and loans scandal that McCain was connected to. Joe's family contributes mightily to the GOP in Ohio. Joe's last name is misspelled on Ohio's vote registration roll and that would be enough to disqualify him from voting in some states; but he is registered to vote. Joe doesn't make anywhere near $250,000 a year (his 2006 divorce settlement say he makes $40K) and can't possibly afford to come up with the million or so dollars it would take to buy the company he talked to Obama about in the video.
Joe the Plumber is making stuff up in the video. McCain is either stupid for using him in the debate or doesn't know he was planted by his own campaign at that Ohio event just to make a good YouTube video...