Thursday, January 24, 2008

Kucinich Drops Out

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out of the presidential race and will instead focus on keeping his Congressional seat for Ohio. A six-term incumbent in the House, Kucinich has four challengers lined up to try and beat him out of his own party's nomination for that Congressional seat this year. He has less than six weeks before Ohio's March 4th Democratic primary...

Kucinich was never in danger of becoming the Democratic nominee for President. My guess is that many people doubts about his personality were reinforced when he admitted during one of the debates that he'd seen UFO's.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Phew! Thought you'd mention Sen. Gravel in the same breath.

Your guy Edwards 'ain't doing so hot either, is he?

Greg_Cruey said...

Hi Skyler,

No, no mention of Gravel this time. Edwards is doing well enough to survive until the convention if things continue as they are. I can see it as within the realm of reasonable possibilities that he could emerge from the convention as the candidate. Perhaps not a probability at this point, but a reasonable possibility...

I've said elsewhere that I will support the Democratic candidate whoever that may be on Nov. 4. Are you planning to do the same? Just curious...

Unknown said...

I'm a life long Democrat and Democratic consultant, but I don't make any promises...

Greg_Cruey said...

I signed a pledge when I joined my local Democratic Committee. That pledge says that I won't (while a committee member) vote against the Party's nominee.

I can vote for the Democrat. I can not vote for anyone. I can quit my position. Or I can become dishonest about it. Those are my choices. After five years or so of involvement, so far I've managed to keep my pledge and stay involved...